(Intended date to publish post : 1st Jan 2008.
Actual date published: 4th February 2008!! :o )
Landed back in India, on the 30th of Dec 2007.
The few lines that I was trying to rehearse during the flight, was totally forgotten when I landed.
Dad mom.. welcomed me back with big smiles.. and I.. could feel the jitters down my spine..
The day was nearing.. nothing seemed to distract me from the D day.. the 1st of Jan 2008.
Uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, nothing... seemed to help me relax for a while..
Jan 1st 2008:
Woke up at 5:00 in the morning.. went out for a walk... to relax the so called tensed mind.
Came back.. eat breakfast.. puked. Felt feverish.. had... a tablet.. dozed off to sleep.. for a while... thinking.. maybe it would help me gather myself..
Woke up in 15 mins sharp... sweat trickling down my forehead.. made no attempt to wipe it away..
Went straight to dad.. pulled mom along...
Sat there..trying to still the room that was spinning around.. and trying to calm the hands.. that didnt seem to obey my orders...
Was unsuccessful in doing both... Dad was becoming impatient... mom was looking at me.. with a blank stare..
and then I blurted out...
Me: Dad... I have a guy in mind..
His name is bubu
With your approval... I would like to think of a future with him..
Dad: ok.. go ahead
Me: uh?
Dad: I said.. ok.. go ahead... do you have any pictures of him? where is he from? what does he do?
Me: uh?
Dad: Where is he now? Any siblings?
Me: uh?
Darn! so much ado over nothing!
And all of a sudden... my sweet companion called Sweat vanished... the room stopped spinning.. everything was normal again!
How could I get away so easily!!?
Am I lucky or what!? :)
Monday, 4 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment