Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Another surprise!

(Intended date to publish post: 3rd January 2008
Actual date published: 5th February 2008. )

I will stop procrastinating! I promise!
-----

Life began to get more interesting on the 1st Jan..
Made sure... I went to the temple in the evening... to convey a personal thanks to the Omnipotent.
Came back to a home.. that no longer was the one known to me.
Man, hadn't I known my home to be a place..of zero confrontations?
Hadn't I known my home to be a place where.. no one speaks a word against the Omnipotent at home, who's now retired and with Equity on his mind all the time!?(Yea.. Im talking of dad,I say!)
Anyway, things sure seemed to have changed, in the six months I was away!
The 1st of Jan handed the torch to the 2nd of Jan, while I was rolling in bed, thinking, how I could get away so easily.
While I was rolling in bed, the stable mind of mine, decided I needed a new pair of spectacles tomorrow!

And, so off I went to the L&M, to select my new pair. Pulled dad along too; and both set off on the nature friendly car (Reva!) towards good old Malleswaram.
Dad parked the car, and we set out towards the store, on the dark lane.
Malleswaram one of the oldest localities of Bangalore.. one amazing place.. and also an amazing set of one ways.. with vehicles creeping out of every other alley in that place.
As you guessed, there was a LOT of noise;traffic,people shouting,dogs barking,kids sreeching,and what not.
Amidst all this, there was one particular voice, that was so, distinct. That voice, was of someone laughing, or someone crying.. no.. maybe screeching.. somewhere far behind us. It seemed to come closer to us, every minute.
Dad and I, mentioned the voice to each other and laughed it off.
But we both did turn behind simultaneously, to check what the laugh/cry/screech was all about; and what did we see!?
We saw a set of white teeth, that seemed to come closer to us, by the minute, and the distinct voice, getting louder by the minute.
We jumped off the footpath, right on time, to escape from the beautiful set of teeth, and the distinct voice.
We just then realised, that the qualities did not end here.. strong legs were a forte of the figure too!
Apparently, the figure with white teeth, just wanted to have a good jog; 'cos right after we jumped off the footpath, he(she?) stood still, right in front of us, with the smile intact.

Now, how many people get warm wishes for a new year like this??
Not many I suppose, get wished by a Donkey! Yea.. Donkeys do have a pretty perfect set of teeth! and they shine too! believe me!
An icing on the cake, would have been a live display of the strong legs in action..
But hey! no... I have an aversion to icing... the cake was good enough!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving it!!
Keep going ....
:)


"uma" :D

Anonymous said...

comment approval and all!!
too much :)

I am..but a dreamer said...

Thank you.. uma :P