Friday, 1 January 2010

First day of two thousand and ten

The new year's morning sun.. an orange ball of fire was hidden behind the clouds as it brought the new year's first day into brightness.
The birds chirped away to each other.. "did you know that today, the humans begin a new year?Lets hope it turns out to be a good year for us too! May the worm population grow exponentially so we dont have to wake up so early just to catch a worm."
The air was unusally warm for a January morning. Very few joggers were seen outside.
It was good to wake up so early on the onset of new year and welcome it with open arms.
----
Well... I would have loved to do all this. But who am I kidding!? :) I ended up sleeping until 10 AM. Woke up to mom's call asking me what I was upto.
Had a lovely new year's eve. Lots of (local) wine - thanks to Anup, Pragya and Ambili. We even learnt how not to open the cork from a wine bottle ! :)
Happy new year guys!
I was hoping to begin the new year with meditation and the like... but who would have guessed that I would begin the year, by being in a state of nirvana for almost 3 hours, before the dawn of a new day! :) heh
Life rocks.. and I promise that this is how my life is going to be for this year, and many more years to come!
Cheers!

4 comments:

anup keerrthi said...

yup liked the twist.
i am watching you now :)
wishing you all the determination!
thanks for being the lovely hosts.
have a plentiful year.

Ambili said...

It was a gr8 eve and I had a lot of fun. Thanks to Smarsh (Smitha+Harsh) for hosting the party :)

Bhavesh said...

Ppl a party where I was not invited even tho I was in India.. I am disappointed..

Anyways - tip - Have a Yagermester and drink it off the bottle like straight and neat. Either you will meet nirvana or like me live to regret the events thereafter..

I am..but a dreamer said...

@Bhavesh! - You dont answer my call and you say this!!!! :(
Btw... we were talking about you in the party :)
We didnt play poker this time thoe! :(