Wednesday, 6 August 2008

The transparent wall.

Around two weeks back, I came to realize that I am good at any relationship, as far as I don't get too close.
I am good at maintaining relationships where I have the liberty to have a transparent wall between myself and the other person.
I am good at being best friends with a million people in the world, as long as I don't have to get too close to anyone.

All these days, I preferred to ignore this thought and move on. I am happy, with such relationships in my life.
But then, when I am lonely, the very thought that I have a million friends, but none of them close enough to share my thoughts with, make me more lonely.

Lately, I have been working on this. Been trying to push myself to break that barrier. The transparent wall, was built with no conscious reason. There exists no reason for me to hold on to it, and take it with me into the future.
Unfortunately, this wall is not made of glass, which would shatter, if something is thrown at it.
Looks like, slow erosion is the way to break it.
I have made a resolution, to get this out of my life. It sure is going to take some time.
But I will walk past the eroded wall soon. :)

2 comments:

Bhavesh said...

I understand "the Wall" but what does transparency have to do here, why The Transparent Wall?

Technicalities aside, way to go! :0 and oh yeah, I beg to differ when you say, The transparent wall, was built with no conscious reason it was, and maybe we will discuss it someday when we both are bored to death! cheers!

I am..but a dreamer said...

"Transparent" was an adjective that I thought fit perfectly here! :)
"The wall" sounded too plain and boring.. "The transparent wall" is much better